March 3, 2022
Effective Monday, March 7, our clinic will be transitioning to in-person consultations with limited capacity.
- Clinic doors will remained locked during our business hours.
- Masks will be mandatory for entry to the clinic.
- Clients without masks will continue to be served curbside.
- Please knock on the door or call us when you arrive.
IN-CLINIC APPOINTMENTS (MASK REQUIRED)
- When you arrive, please stay in your vehicle and call the clinic.
- We will inform you when we are ready for you to bring your pet inside.
- Only one person will be permitted entry.
CURBSIDE APPOINTMENTS (NOT WEARING A MASK)
- When you arrive, please stay in your vehicle and call the clinic. We will take a history and speak with you regarding your concerns for your pet.
- We will then meet you at the BACK entrance to bring your pet into the clinic for an examination. Owners will remain outside the clinic building.
- Once the examination is complete, we will connect with you via phone to discuss the recommended treatment plan.
- At the end of the visit, a team member will bring your pet back to you.
- Call or email the clinic to request medication refills.
- Orders may take 5-10 business days due to shipping delays.
- Please call or knock on the door when you arrive.
- VISA, Mastercard, Debit or cash in-clinic with a mask.
- VISA or Mastercard over the phone, or cash at the door, if you are not wearing a mask.
Thanks for your support, your patience and your kindness. It means the world to us.
Please note that East York Animal Clinic has a zero tolerance policy for verbally or physically abusive behaviour. Our team is here to provide the best possible care and must be treated with respect at all times.
Last updated March 2, 2022, 2:00 pm.