Thanks for your support, your patience and your kindness. It means the world to us.
We’ve had to make some pretty substantial changes to be able to be here to care for your fur babies. Many of you have taken the changes in stride, and we’re grateful for that. Sadly, not every client experience has been a positive on for us. It’s tough to work in this new way (and in all this gear!) but we do it because we care – about you, about your fur babies, and
about each other.
We kindly request that you simply be kind. We’re all in this together.
Our clinic continues to operate with a closed door policy:
- Clinic doors will remained locked during our business hours
- Please knock on the back entrance door or call us when you arrive (our front entrance is closed to the public)
- The parking lot has designated markings to indicate safe social distancing when waiting for assistance.
- Call the clinic to schedule an appointment. We are not accepting walk-ins
- When you arrive, please stay in your vehicle and call the clinic. We will take a history and speak with you regarding your concerns for your pet.
- We will then meet you in the BACK parking lot to bring your pet into the clinic for an examination. Please be advised that you will be required to wear a mask when a technician meets you to bring your pet inside. Owners will remain outside the clinic building.
- Once the examination is complete, we will connect with you via phone to discuss the recommended treatment plan.
- A team member will bring your pet back to you.
- Call or email the clinic to request medication refills.
- Orders may take 5-10 business days as our suppliers deal with increased demand
- We are not accepting requests at the door.
- VISA or Mastercard over the phone or provide the card number at the door
- DEBIT in-clinic with a mask (no exceptions)
- We are currently NOT accepting cash
Last updated November 4, 2020, 5:21 pm.