For medication/food pick up on on Saturday April 11, please submit your requests by Tuesday April 7, 6 pm.
For medication/food pick up on on Wednesday, April 15, please submit your requests by Friday, April 10, 6 pm.
For medication/food pick up on on Saturday April 18, please submit your requests by Tuesday April 14, 6 pm.
March 30, 2020
After considerable discussion, the clinic has decided we will reopen in a limited capacity. Unfortunately, we are unequipped to carry out in-clinic procedures while abiding by social distancing requirements. Therefore, the clinic will operate as follows:
- The clinic will be operating with a closed door policy. Doors will remain locked and only staff members are permitted inside.
- Clinic staff will be available to contact via email communications and we will try to assist you to the best of our ability. We will not be available by phone.
- We are not having appointments or surgeries until further notice. Staff will be reaching out to inform owners who have already scheduled appointments.
- We will be processing medication refill requests sent to us by email. We have currently designated WEDNESDAYS and SATURDAYS, 11 am – 2 pm as medication pick up windows.
Medication Refills Procedures
- Send your medication refill request via email by the indicated deadlines. Please indicate the name(s) of the medication(s) you are requesting.
- Clinic staff will prepare medications and call you to inform you when they will be ready for pick up. Please see the designated dates below.
- Knock on the back door when you arrive. There will be a sign on the front door to guide you to the back entrance.
- We will communicate with you via the window to process payment by VISA or MASTERCARD only. Cash and Debit will not be accepted.
- A staff member will place your medication in a drop box which can be retrieved once staff are back in the clinic.
- While every effort will be made to prepare your medications, please note that medication shortages and shipping delays may result in delays or smaller than usual orders.
- Medication refill requests will be processed and prepared for pick up on designated dates. Additional dates will be added at the top of the page on an ongoing basis.
March 19, 2020
Effective Friday March 20th, 6:00 pm, East York Animal Clinic has chosen to take the advice of the government to help limit the spread of COVID-19 and temporarily close our clinic through April 5th. We will re-evaluate the clinic re-opening schedule as conditions continue to change.
Staff will be available to take phone calls, process medication pick-ups and address any additional concerns for the rest of this week. We will not be accepting new patients until further notice.
If your pet requires emergency care during our closure, the emergency hospitals have asked that you call prior to going in. Patients will be triaged outside of the building and owners will be asked to remain in their vehicles while patients are being treated. Contact information for these emergency hospitals are listed below.
For non-urgent and non-life-threatening concerns, please contact a local clinic to check their availability.
To ensure the health and safety of everyone upon our return, we ask that you reschedule any appointments if you have been feeling feverish, coughing, or experiencing shortness of breath in the last 24 hours.
- Toronto Veterinary Emergency Hospital
22 Rolark Drive, Scarborough
- Animal Health Partners
1 Scarsdale Road, Toronto
- Central Toronto Veterinary Emergency Clinic
1051 Eglinton Avenue West, Toronto
- Veterinary Emergency Clinic
920 Yonge Street, Suite 117, Toronto
- Mississauga Oakville Veterinary Emergency Hospital
2285 Bristol Circle, Oakville
Given the uncertainty regarding the changing COVID-19 situation, we understand that many clients are concerned that the clinic may not open after our two week closure.
We would like to assure all our patients that arrangements will be made to ensure you are able to order medication refills as our clinic WILL reopen in some capacity following this closure.
Our focus and concern is and always will be the health and wellbeing of our patients – rest assured we will be back on April 6th.
We will continue to keep this space updated.
Last updated April 6, 2020, 6:49 pm.